Some weeks I need a full rest day, but most weeks I do a “recovery day” …. basically I get my blood flowing and spend a big chunk of time stretching and self-massaging using my rollers. This is also part of my pre-race simulation. Saturday mornings I have my long run, so what I do Friday is my “practice” for what I would do the day before a race.
I get up and have some hot tea or water (I use my rest day macros – which basically means I just eliminate the pre/mid-workout foods I typically have), do my bible study, and head to the gym.
After the warm-up, I spend about 30-40minutes rolling and stretching.
- I started with the R8 roller — see my review & video of how to use it here— this thing is totally worth the investment. A monthly deep tissue massage was costing me $75 for 90min. I can use this daily (it’s $119).
- Then I spent 15min stretching. I am currently using the stretching routine from my splits challenge.
- And then I got to incorporate my new R3 roller (also from roll recovery).
In addition to using this today, I’ve actually been using this at home each night as well. This is like a deep tissue foot massage. I simply roll it back and forth and then do smaller rolls over the knot I have in my heel (part of the cause of the plantar fasciitis I’m trying to actively get rid of)
I also used it today as a roller for my Achilles, calf, & piriformis (which gets really tight on me). The piriformis is one muscle my masseuse would spend 15min on during one of our sessions. So this is an awesome supplement I have now to self-massage it. The R3 is just $27. 🙌🏼
- I will drink about 1.5-2gallons of water today as well.
2-Ingredient funfetti angel foodcake Waffle Breakfast!
After my gym session, I go home and make some of my perfect waffles!
Today I used:
- 52g lions Pack funfetti mix with
- 1scoop devotion protein (angel food cake flavor)
- just mix with enough water to make a batter consistency and cook in waffle maker!
I topped it with 50g of birthday cake halo top ice cream 😋
Macros for entire breakfast: