I’ve been meaning to try this recipe for quite sometime, and just haven’t gotten around to it. But I got in a new bag of the vanilla milkshake gains in bulk protein and was inspired to tackle this recipe, which is a new favorite for me! It’s 2 ingredients (optional 3rd explained below), gluten-free, dense & creamy, and could be vegan.
The macros for my CORbowl were: 12p 36c 2f (210kcal), but these can be easily adjusted to fit your own needs. The girl I found this recipe from makes one of these every night as a way to hit the rest of the macros she needs.
- Cream of Rice (you could also use cream of wheat for a COWbowl – but COR is gluten free)
- Protein powder — I used Gains in Bulk (code RebekahC10 saves 10%)
- optional — oil or nut butter or any other mix-in to add to your macros if you have extras available!
Note — these are the proportions I used to make a post-run treat but you can adjust the amounts!
- mix 30grams cream of rice with 2/3 cup water. microwave as directed.
- while microwaving, mix 25 grams (1 scoop) of gains in bulk protein powder with water to make a pudding mixture in separate bowl
- when done microwaving, mix protein in (and any other mix-ins you’d like! chocolate chips, pb, coconut oil, etc)
- place bowl in freezer for 45minutes (ish) — you could also eat it warm!
- I made this up before my run this morning, mixed it, went for my run, then had this to look forward to when I got back! 🙂