Happy Friday! I’m racing in a 10k tomorrow & am excited/nervous. I’m not as experienced running & am still finding/establishing pre-race rituals, which can be beneficial for decreasing anxiety & help you perform better. There are 3 things I’m paying attention to this race so I can see how they fare & either keep or modify for the next one. They are:
- Nutrition – what I eat the evening before & also the morning of (yummy recipe below that I hope brings me fast feet!)
- Visualizing– seeing the goal paces/times on my watch
- Pre-race warmup -my coach Susan has one for me to do
Flat Runner: Here’s what I plan to wear/bring tomorrow (besides the waffle which I just ate):
- NewZill compression socks & Nikes
- TeamBTB tank, run in rabbit shorts,hat
- R8 to loosen up before the race
As far as race day nutrition, I’m not sure if I’ll do Ucan powder or a bar in the morning. I’m leaning to the powder because it’s worked so well for me on my long runs so far. And I’m bringing the shot bloks as a just-in-case gel. 🙂
What is UCAN? Below pic is a little from their website. You can read more there: https://store.generationucan.
- this is a 3ingredients waffle- & was SO SO good!! I fought myself from devouring it because it was so delicious that I wanted it to last as long as possible. :).
- Waffle macros: 10p 49c 5f — higher carb to make sure my glycogen stores are full for tomorrow
- 1scoop Ucan superstarch powder
- 38grams maple grove farms gluten free pancake mix
- 1/4cup water
- Mix and cook in waffle maker!
- My toppings: 10g white chocolate chips, 2tbsp PB2 mixed with water and Walden farms syrup
- Perfect Protein ice cream recipe is here — and I mixed in 1tbsp of dark cocoa powder
- I also had 3 Gains in Bulk digestive enzymes with my meal to help my body digest it all and be able to use all the nutrients for race day tomorrow!
Waffle macros: 10p 49c 5f (284kcals)
Total macros: 40p 66c 11f (530kcals)
- If you have the my.macros app, my name is RebekahKFit 🙂
I really hope this recipe brings me energy & fast times for tomorrow because it’s so good 🙂
- I’ll be sure to update here and on IG how race day goes 🙂
Here’s a note I saved from my coach for encouragement tomorrow: