Wow! I won! Can hardly believe it! It was a small race, and I led the whole way so I was racing my garmin the whole time, so it was a little different of a race experience than a large race like I’ve done in the past. Pushing myself against the clock was what I had to do to reach my goal- whereas in big races, the elite and semi-elite runners tend to lead & keep the pace high.
The first 3miles were downhill, and then the last 3 were a slight incline. The last half mile was brutal and my legs felt like they gave out, but I knew the finish line was ahead to help push me that last bit.
This was the quote I read in the book “Elite Minds” by Dr. Stan Beecham that I kept saying to myself through the race, especially in the tough moments where I wanted to coast Bc I feared bonking. But This quote motivated me to push & leave it all on the course. I’d rather finish knowing I had nothing left than finish wishing I’d pushed harder. And I did.
- Also- I have a new code for NewZill compression socks (in photo)- it is Rebekah30 to save 30% – socks are about $13w/code
Huge thank you to my running coach Susan! What a great start with her (I’ve been training g with her for 4weeks) & am excited to challenge myself to bigger & faster goals in the future.
My goal was 39min for this race but my previous 10k PR was 42minutes , so this was a 2minute PR for me & I’m really happy with the results 🙂
I’m documenting this to share, but also for my own reference in the future because it worked really well for me!
You can see my amazing UCAN waffles and cream from last night here! I’m pretty stoked I ran well today Bc I loved this PreRaceday dinner! 🙂
- I woke up about 5:40am & did my bible study and had 32oz of hot water with bcaas.
- I had a 1hr drive out to the race so I left at about 645am (race start was 845am) & packet pick up was 8am.
- I got there at about 750am and had 1.5scoops of ucan pudding (ucan mixed with a little water) along with 7caramel rice cakes, and 3shot bloks.
- After the race, I had about 3/4 gallon of water and the rest of the rice cakes I’d brought with me.
- Once I got home, I made some really good Victory Donuts & ice cream! :). Recipe is below!
These are low carb, but so fluffy! I added Reese’s pieces to them and topped with pb2/syrup for extra flavor 🙂
- 1scoop Devotion angel food cake protein
- 10grams collagen powder
- 7g coconut flour
- Optional (but are included in my macros for these)- 10 Reese’s pieces
- Enough water to make a batter.
- Pour into 4 mini-donut slots & cook for 3-5min. (You can also bake these at 350 for 7-10min, or cook it in a waffle maker)
- While cooking, I made up some perfect protein ice cream , and also the donut topping: 1tbsp PB2 mixed with water and Walden farms syrup
- Also pictured – gains in Bulk digestive enzymes- I had 2 with meal 🙂
I feel really blessed to be able to pursue running goals and share it with you all! Thanks to all of you who follow my journey. I pray for you daily. 💕 Sometimes life takes turns we don’t get or expect, but the important thing is to keep going. God’s plan is greater & better than we can imagine. And in the long term, what matters most is not what we do but who we become in Christ – the eternal perspective is daunting to think about, but is one that we all have planted in our hearts and know we will face one day.
John3:16 – For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son. Whoever believes in Him will not perish but have Everlasting Life.