Good morning! I got in my shipment from Amazon which had Gluten-free Flapjacked Buttermilk Pancake/Waffle mix and also Namaste Egg substitute.
- I got the mix because I used to like the non-gluten free mix from them (you can read about why I eat gluten free here).
- My review so far– this mix is really good! the buttermilk flavor is really nice, noticeable, and the texture of both the waffle and the donuts is a soft and dense texture that just seems to be perfection!
- I got the egg sub because
- 1) I hate having to buy eggs for some reason – they are heavy and take up room in my basket…
- 2) because I can use the fat macros I’ll save (by not using eggs) for something to top my baked items with … and
- 3) I can make parts of recipes — like if a recipe calls for 1 egg, Namaste egg sub says to mix 6grams of its powder with 2TB warm water.. BUT if I just want to make up 1/2 the recipe (which I’ve been doing), I just have to mix 3g of the egg sub powder with 1TB warm water and add it to my batter ! 🙂
I’ve made a couple recipes with both these items and both have turned out well! A waffle and batch of mini-donuts!
2-ingredient Gluten Free Protein Waffle
Recipe & Directions:
- mix 3g of Namaste egg sub (equal to 1/2 egg) with 1TB warm water
- mix 1/2 cup (53grams) of GF flapjacked mix with 1/4 cup water
- Combine above to make batter and cook in waffle maker!
- Waffle Macros: 20p 25c 3.5f (213kcal)
- Topping: 1 tbsp white chocolate chips and 1/2 cup sugar free cherry pie filling
- Macros with topping: 20p 46c 7.5f (336kcals)
4-ingredient Protein Donuts and Vanilla Glaze:
Donuts Recipe and Directions (makes 7 mini-donuts):
**recipe adapted from Jennifer Binder’s donut recipe here
- mix 1/4 cup water with:
- 1/2 cup (53g) Flapjacked mix
- 1/2tbsp bulletproof mct oil (any oil or nut butter would work)
- 1/4cup applesauce
- mix 1tsp (3g) egg substitute (equal to 1/2egg) mixed with 1TB warm water
- Combine above ingredients
- Cook in mini donut maker (this is the one I have) for 3-5 minutes or cook in oven at 350 for 10ish minutes 🙂
- Donut Macros (entire batch): 20p 32c 10f (302kcals)
- mix 1/4 cup water with:
- mix 15g vanilla milkshake gains in bulk protein with a little bit of water
- spread on cooked donuts
- Total macros for batch of donuts with topping: 26p 39c 11f (366kcals)
- Current macros: personalized (approx 1800-2000kcals with 145ish grams protein/day)
- Current Running plan: training for a half marathon PR later this summer and I have a training plan from Coach Susan Loken designed to help me build strength/speed and endurance.
- Current Workout/lifting plan: I just created a new one for myself that I’m test-running starting this week, but the one I’ve been using since last October is CARVE for Runners.