This waffle is 232kcals, gluten free, 3ingredients, & can be savory or sweet! And Bonus- it has 1/2 of the daily recommended amount of vegetables an adult should have a day (more than half for kids!) & its such a fun way to get them! 🙌🏼
As a middle school teacher, I understand that getting kids to eat veggies is not easy. But this waffle makes them look way more exciting :). And it’s also easy to make 💕🙌🏼
Macros for the 232kcal waffle: 18p 25c 7f
Like all veggies, spaghetti squash has a bunch of benefits! I found these on the science of eating.
- I just sliced one in half (or you can poke holes in it), and baked it for 50-60min at 280F.
- You can also cook one in a microwave for 7-15min (depends on size).
- Then I just spooned the seeds out and the squash ! (It comes out like spaghetti)
Preheat and grease waffle maker.
Mix together the following ingredients:
- 180grams (1 heaping cup) of squash
- 30grams of “complete” pancake mix –– I learned this term at the store today and it just means that the mix only has to be mixed with water to make pancakes — I used Bombtastic Blueberry SlapJacks Mix for the one in the pictures here, but any complete mix should work, gluten free, if desired. (My code for Slap products is REBEKAH) (TBH, I think protein powder would work too if you want to keep carbs really low)
- 2Tbsp Water
Mix with a spoon and pour into waffle maker. (I did Not blend it)
Cook for 2-4minutes. Enjoy!!💕 I topped mine with some fat-free rediwhip for Social media, & then for me 😂💕
Tag me if you try! @RebekahKFit
How I actually ate it