Tonight’s macro cap was 252 kcals of awesomeness- a scoop of halo top ice cream between 2 chocolate PB rice crispy treats!
And this recipe has earned a spot on my Favorite Failproofs page!
- Each crispy Treat is just 101kcals
- Macros per treat are: 5p 15c 2f
- Gluten free
- Can be made vegan! (Just use vegan protein and marshmallow & ice cream)
This is also my first recipe post as an official Slap Nutrition Affiliate! I’m so glad it turned out so well- my code REBEKAH will get you a discount on all their products!
I cannot take full credit for this recipe idea – I actually was inspired by Cori Baker – my “macro mom” in a way (even though I’m older than her, she was one of the first people who helped me get on board the macro train) — and her protein rice Crispy treats she posted on Instagram today!
- I was able to interview Cori a year ago- check out her article “The diet that changed my life” here for some macro tips!
- You can also check out Cori’s site here! She has an ebook full of fun macro “comfort food” recipes!
Ok so on to these awesome Chocolate PB Crispy treats!
Dump the following in a large bowl:
- 90grams marshmallow
- 2tbsp peanut butter
- 66grams cereal – I used a GF cheerio type of cereal I found while Krogering
- 1scoop (28g) chocolate protein powder – I used Slap Whey Chocolate flavor
- Microwave 60seconds
- Press into a greased square 8×8 or 9×9 pan
- Top with 1tbsp sprinkles (this is optional! But I did factor them into the macros above)
- Let set and cut into 9 squares!
For ice cream sandwich:
- Microwave halo top for 30s to soften
- Scoop out 50g and place in between 2 rice crispy treats
Bonus to this recipe!!!
- You can also change up the flavors with different types of protein or “butter”
- Use coconut butter and mint chocolate slap
- Use coconut butter and slappy birthday protein!
I also had my 2 nightly Gains in Bulk enzymes with this!
Make sure to check out my current giveaway!!!!
Have a great weekend everyone!