A whoopie pie is like a sandwich, but made with two soft cookies with a fluffy white filling. Traditional ones are made with vegetable shortening, not butter. The original and most commonly made whoopie pie is chocolate.
Today’s version I made is a white chocolate cheesecake version with a black cherry cheesecake filling!
- the macros are: 140kcals : 10p 18c 3f (recipe makes 3 pies)
- there are 2 “recipes” (for cookies and filling) but you only need 5 ingredients! (And a sixth optional)
- You can mix and match flavors of jello, pancake mix, and soda to alter & make your own version! ✌🏼
Recipe 1: Gluten Free soft cake-like Cookies
Recipe makes 6.
Start by preheating oven to 350 & grease cookie sheet. In a bowl mix:
- 35grams gluten free protein pancake mix (I used White Chocolate SlapJacks mix – code REBEKAH for discount) – you could vary this to change the flavor!
- 35grams gluten free regular pancake/waffle mix – I used Krusteaz I found at Kroger.
- 1 egg
- 10grams sugarfree jello mix – I used cheesecake flavor
- 1/4cup liquid- water will work. I assume milk will. And the batch pictured here I actually used 1/4cup of Black Cherry Zevia
Use a spoon to scoop up batter and drop cookies onto a cooking sheet.
Bake for 10minutes!
Macros per cookie (these are yummy and fluffy just on their own! They kind of remind me of “muffin tops”)
Macros for the whole batch:
To make the pies- do this While cookies are baking:
Recipe 2: Filling
- 75grams of Greek yogurt
- 6grams of sugarfree jello mix (I used cheesecake again)
- Optional: I also mixed in about a tbsp of black cherry zevia!
Ps- this is also yummy on its own!
Once you’ve made both:
THEN pair them together!
If you want to eat the whole batch ;), here are the macros For all 3 pies:
- Remember to enter my current giveaway!
I also want to share that I uploaded 2 new YouTube videos yesterday! Let me know what you think if you try them 💕
Happy Wednesday everyone!