Take this warm & fluffy 216kcal, 3-ingredient gluten free/high protein/lowcarb protein waffle & top it with 2-ingredient creamy peanut butter filling, then fold over to make it into a yummy PB waffle sandwich ❤️😋
- Waffle: applesauce, protein powder, liquid egg whites, water
- PB: peanut butter, powdered Pb, water
Recipe for PB filling:
- 1TBSP peanut butter
- 2TBSP Powdered PB
- Water to desired consistency
I like this combo because it’s 150kcals for about 3tbsp of PB filling & still tastes like peanut butter. I get the fats I need and the PB taste/consistency but with lower macros 🙂
Waffle Recipe (adapted from Mackenzie’s Clean Eats):
Preheat and grease waffle iron, then Mix together the following:
- 1.5 scoops (42g) protein powder (I used Slap whey, which is really clean & bakes well- code REBEKAH for discount)
- 1/4c applesauce
- 6 TBSP egg whites
- 3-4 TBSP water (I used 4 & had a little overflow… you can also use milk here too if you prefer)
Cook in waffle iron, then top with peanut butter filling.
Optional: Fold and eat like a sandwich!
Total macros for sandwich:
I prepped several of these for post-workout breakfasts-to-go this week and they refrigerate really well too. 👍🏼
Hope you all are having great weeks!