Marathon Training – October 14-21 – This post includes my week of Running, Lifting! 🙂and other stuff I’ll add in – like recipes, podcasts. I’m going to be updating this daily this week – so adding to it each day. (I just don’t have enough time to post my daily running, but want to log it — so I’ll update here and also use insta-story)
- I’m now 7 weeks from the California International Marathon (as of Oct 15). In addition, I also have a half marathon in 4 weeks ! 🙂
- My goals are honestly just to run my best in each race. I am going to train to hopefully do a 1:30 half, and a 3:15 full (or better of course!).
- For weight lifting: I’m using my CARVE workout plans
- I use CARVE 1-2-3 lifts each week on 3 different days, then do 2-3 days of Insanity as another form of cross training (plyometrics/core) .
- I working with my running coach Susan – she is also doing the same marathon! You can read more about my training plan from her in my Week 1 post here
Running, Lifting this week (I start my week on Saturdays):
- Speed Workout
- The total miles for the run was 9miles, but it included some repeat 800s at VO2max pace (3minutes 8sec per 800 for me)
- You can see my video/explanation here of how I’m working on form to help me increase my speed.
- CARVE 2 Lift after the speed workout — not ideal (I’d prefer to do it before, but the gym was closed), but I got it in!
- Speed Workout
- 9mile run – I got blasted with rain the last 1.5miles of it 😦 … the weather channel app told me it wouldn’t start raining until 6:45am… it started at 6am.
- 30 minute insanity express workout in the Beachbody app for some plyo/core work, and stretching
- 30minute Insanity Express workout/warmup
- Easy 8m run outside
- FluffTASTIC Waffle and Ice Cream for Breakfast
- Recovery day: Insanity Express workout/warmup & 4mile easy run with Yasi 🏃🏼♀️🏃🏽♀️
- Thursday Night Pre-Race Dinner Practice meal
- White Chocolate Protein Waffle and ice cream!
- I had 2 of these 😉
- 20 mile Long Run with Megan! You can see us trying to jump after for a fun photo here.
- PreRun – I had 1 scoop of Lemonade UCAN mixed with a little water. And that carried me through! 🙂
Total Miles for the week = 66.5
- I also have been using my R8 at night while winding down which I think is really helping me stay healthy (preventing plantar fasciitis)
- I also stretch for 5-10minutes post-run using these stretches or the ones in the Beachbody on demand app
- Drinking 1.5 – 2gallons of water a day (this does include my Slap-O-Lantern lattes and tea)
BOOK of the Week!
Meb for Mortals – really insightful information about how an elite runner trains, eats, and recovers. He give Awesome training tips and running form advice that echoed in my head during the Long Run on Friday morning. He also had tips for what to do to prevent injury and how to rehab out of an injury (cross training tips). If you’re a runner, you’ll love this book.