Marathon Training – October 22-29 – This post includes my week of Running, Lifting! 🙂and other stuff I’ll add in – like recipes, podcasts.
- I’m now 6 weeks from the California International Marathon (as of Oct 22). In addition, I also have a half marathon in 3 weeks & a 10K in 5 weeks (on Thanksgiving) … I may also do another 10K the week after my marathon, but will decide once I get back from the marathon 🙂
- My goals are honestly just to run my best in each race. I am going to train to hopefully do a sub-40min 10K, a 1:30 half, and a 3:15 full (or better of course!).
- I try to include some sort of cross training 5-6days a week – either lifting weights or an insanity (plyo/core/HIIT) Workout
- I working with my running coach Susan – she is also doing the same marathon! You can read more about my training plan from her in my Week 1 post here
Running, Lifting this week (I start my week on Saturdays):
- 11 mile Easy Run (10 with Yasi & 1 with Nike)
- 30min “Insane weights” workout with ShaunT in Beachbody app (full body strength)
- Recovery: 10min of yoga with Yasi & 10min of roll recovery after weights
- Speed Workout (7.7miles total) – there is a photo of my milestone pod results from the track workout below
- & CARVE 2 Lift — see a video and description of what I’m focusing on here to improve my strength:bodyweight ratio.
- Easy 10mile run and Insanity express (Round 14)
- New RECIPE I made up this morning: Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Protein Pancakes!
- 6miles total (easy with focus on form) — this is the form I was visualizing. And i was telling myself to bring my foot to my opposite knee, and keep my head upright (not looking down)
- and Carve Lift – video here on IG of my curtsy lunges with a hop!
- 8.3 mile Easy run with Megan and Yasi (the last mile was with my dog Nike at a slow pace), and 30 minute Insanity
- 5 miles and 30minute Insanity
- 16mile Long Run with Megan
Total Miles for the week = 64
- I also have been using my R8 at night while winding down which I think is really helping me stay healthy (preventing plantar fasciitis)
- I also stretch for 5-10minutes post-run using these stretches or the ones in the Beachbody on demand app
- Drinking 1.5 – 2gallons of water a day (this does include my Slap-O-Lantern lattes and tea)