Marathon Training – October 22-29 – This post includes my week of Running, Lifting! 🙂and other stuff I’ll add in – like recipes, podcasts.
- I’m now 5 weeks from the California International Marathon (as of Oct 29). In addition, I also have a half marathon in 2 weeks & a 10K in 4 weeks (on Thanksgiving) … 🙂
- My goals are honestly just to run my best in each race. I am going to train to hopefully do a sub-40min 10K, a 1:30 half, and a 3:15 full (or better of course!).
- I try to include some sort of cross training 5-6days a week – either lifting weights or an insanity (plyo/core/HIIT) Workout
- I working with my running coach Susan – she is also doing the same marathon! You can read more about my training plan from her in my Week 1 post here
Running, Lifting this week (I start my week on Saturdays):
- 11 mile Easy Run (10 with Yasi & 1 with Nike)
- CARVE 2 Workout
- Recovery run – 4miles EASY plus 1 with Nike
- & CARVE 3 Lift
- Easy 8mile run and 45 minute Insanity
- I have been eating a risebar almost everyday — see my review and favorite flavors here
- 9miles total (8 with Megan and Yasi, 1 with Nike)
- Insanity Asylum: Strength (full body lift)
Also- Nike is now just about 5months old! Here’s a photo from when we got her at 2 months to today:
- Easy 6.75 mile run and Insanity
- 4.25 miles and 30minute Insanity/PIYO hybrid (15min plyo, 15min yoga)
- CREATED a new recipe: Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Protein Waffle – 250kcals of gluten free yumminess!
- 16mile Long Run with Megan, with my MileStone Pod Results
Total Miles for the week = 60
- I also have been using my R8 at night while winding down which I think is really helping me stay healthy (preventing plantar fasciitis)
- I also stretch for 5-10minutes post-run using these stretches or the ones in the Beachbody on demand app
- Drinking 1.5 – 2gallons of water a day (this does include my Slap-O-Lantern lattes and tea)