Marathon Training – Nov. 4 -Nov. 11 – This post includes my week of Running, Lifting! 🙂and other stuff I’ll add in – like recipes, podcasts.
- I’m now 4 weeks from the California International Marathon (as of Nov. 4). In addition, I also have a half marathon in 1 week (this Saturday – Nov. 11) & a 10K in 3 weeks (on Thanksgiving) … 🙂
- My goals are honestly just to run my best in each race. I am going to train to hopefully do a sub-40min 10K, a 1:30 half, and a 3:15 full (or better of course!).
- I try to include some sort of cross training 5-6days a week – either lifting weights or an insanity (plyo/core/HIIT) Workout
- I working with my running coach Susan – she is also doing the same marathon! You can read more about my training plan from her in my Week 1 post here
Running, Lifting this week (I start my week on Saturdays):
- 8 mile Easy Run (6 with Yasi & 2 with Nike)
- Full body lift
- Easy run – 9 miles – 2 with Nike, 5 to the gym and 2 home
- & Full body lift
- New Waffle Recipe posted!
- Easy 7 mile run (5 + 2 with Nike)
- 30 minute Insanity
- 6mile easy (4 with Yasi, 2 with Nike)
- Max30 Insanity
- Gluten & Dairy Free PB-Flax Waffle for breakfast!
- Easy 5 mile run and 30min Insanity (2miles were with Nike! – our pace is about 10-11min/mile, which is like a fast walk for her and jog for me)
- I’ve also taken up knitting and practicing it a little each day this week.
- 4 miles and 30minute Insanity (included stretching)
- picked up my Race Day Packet at the Expo!
- Race Day Prep – 15minute Insanity, 3mile jog, and 10 minutes of stretching
- RACE Day tomorrow- Half Marathon 🙂
Total Miles for the week = 42