Marathon Training – Nov. 11 -Nov. 18 – This post includes my week of Running, Lifting! 🙂and other stuff I’ll add in – like recipes, podcasts. <<<<
lery ids=”7443,7532″ type=”rectangular”]
- I’m now 3 weeks from the California International Marathon (as of Nov. 12). In addition, I also have a 10K in 1.5weeks (on Thanksgiving)
- Check out my half marathon race recap from Saturday! I PR’ed And I also explained what things I think helped me improve my race time by 8minutes over this past year.
- My goals are honestly just to run my best in each upcoming race. I am going to train to hopefully do a sub-40min 10K and a 3:15 full (or better of course!).
- I try to include some sort of cross training 5-6days a week – either lifting weights or an insanity (plyo/core/HIIT) Workout
- I working with my running coach Susan – she is also doing the same marathon! You can read more about my training plan from her in my Week 1 post here
Running, Lifting this week (I start my week on Saturdays):< strong>SaturdayHalf Marathon day! — Race Recap Here! I set a PR- woohoo!plus a 1mile warm up with Nike (14miles total)Then Family Time 🙂
SundayEasy run – 10 miles & Full body lift (first column below)
MondayEasy 7.5 mile run (6 treadmill + 1.5 with Nike)Full Body Lift (second column from Yesterday)
TuesdaySO HAPPILY SOREtoday from the lifts the last 2 days!
- 7.75 miles with Megan (30 min warmup, then 30minutes of intervals – 1min fast/1min easy type interval)
- 2.75 miles with Nike (10min/mile pace)
- 10.5miles total
- Easy 7 mile run (4 with Yasi, and 3 with Nike)
- and 30min Insanity
- I’ve been using my New Waffle Bowl Maker to make Belgian Waffle bowls daily — I finally honed in to a great 3-ingredient recipe I love with great macros! (190kcals) — and I posted it here
- Recovery day: 4 miles easy with Yasi and Nike30minute Insanity Fitness Test! – we plan to do this test again in Jan or Feb to help us stay motivated this winter.
- Another Waffle Bowl this morning too!
- Last early morning LONG run before the marathon! (16miles) plus 2 miles with Nike! 🙂 … My stride length (aka running form) is also improving!
Total Miles for the week = 71
- I also have been using my R8 at night while winding down which I think is really helping me stay healthy (preventing plantar fasciitis)
- I also stretch for 5-10minutes post-run using these stretches or the ones in the Beachbody on demand app
- Drinking 1.5 – 2gallons of water a day
- Eating 2 HUGE salads (like 12 cups salad mix per salad) a day — I use either mustard or balsamic vinegar for dressing. I really didn’t think much of this until this past week I had 1-2 days where I didn’t have one and had a huge craving for it! I think the salads the past few months have really helped boost my vitamins & minerals, which helps improve cell/body function and repair, which are essential to staying healthy.