Who else loved to dip French fries in their milkshakes or frosty ? It was the perfect meeting of salty and sweet, smooth and crunchy. The only problem – typically this combo is loaded with fat and sugar! But this easy recipe should Solve that problem 🙌🏼
This is a 32oz Protein Ice Cream with some added nutrients (which give it the chocolate frosty flavor).
And the fries are jicama and butternut squash that I found at Wegmans (they came in the “crinkle cut”).
Total Macros for frosty & fries: 33p 21c 2.5f (8.5g of fiber)
- Get 1 cup (4oz) of fries and lay on a plate
- Spray with Pam
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper
- Set air fryer to 400 and cook for 10min
Directions: Put the following ingredients in a blender, then blend until Smooth (about 1 minute in a Nutribullet — if it looks chunky/icy, just blend it more until creamy or wait a couple minutes for it to melt)
▪ 8 Ice cubes (or 2cups ice)
▪ 1 cup water (or fill until ice cubes start to float)
▪ 1/2tsp xanthan gum (for thickness)
▪ 1/2tsp guar gum (for creaminess)
Then there’s 2 options here:
▪ 1.25 scoops of protein powder
▪ 1 scoop of Slap Chocolate Greens (discount code: REBEKAH)
- 1scoop protein powder
- 1/2 scoop shakeology
- just use 1.25scoops of protein powder with nothing else added :).
–All variations work well! I will be using option 2 this month- I’m doing a challenge this month with a Beachbody coach so I’m trying this shakeology powder out
I hope this brings back some happy childhood memories! Let me know if you give it a try! Tag me @rebekahkfit
Nike (pronounced Nicky) 🐶 and I are training for a 5k this spring! You can follow our training on instagram:). This was us after our track workout today :).