Good morning! I’ve started a new fitness program this week and really am enjoying it, so I’m committing to doing it this summer. My goal is just to stay fit & work on building strength & muscle definition 💪🏼
These are my starting photos (which I’m happy with already btw)
Starting point: I weigh 130lbs and my starting macros are 145p 265c 52f (2108kcals). I’m not really putting any “goals” out there for weight- just want to look/feel my best each day :).
Summer Fitness & Food Plan
Here’s how I’m attacking each day & keeping it simple!
- goal is 15000 steps minimum a day. I can usually achieve this with daily movement plus either a 1hour run or 2hours walking (or some sort of mix)
You can read more about why I chose 15k steps in this NY Times article
My sis and I went to tour DC this past Monday and hit 15K steps in our 2.5hour walk of the National Mall!
- using the @my.macros app with the macros that I get from my macro coach Amber
- I put my starting macros up above, and Amber is helping me do a reverse diet again
- 80Day Obsession Plan from Beachbody — I did week 1 this week to test it out and really enjoyed it. Autumn did 80 different videos for the program so no days/workouts are repeated.
- She doesn’t have music, so I play the workout on my phone while playing music from my iPad. I have a couple playlists on my YouTube channel- Christian pop & Running music lists.
- We already have dumbbells and a mat at home, so I ordered bands/discs from amazon for $10 (vs $70 from the Beachbody site).
- I thought maybe these workouts were too long for me, but after doing them this week, I found them to be engaging and that they move at a good/fast pace. Plus I’m a bit sore today and can tell they are working well for challenging my body in order to produce a change.
I’m still consistently using the Gains in Bulk Square 1 (multivitamin) & Digestive enzymes (code RebekahC10 for discount). I also use Test gain which helps balance hormones, and their NO chews for preworkout when I need a little extra oomph 💪🏼
Ps- check out this new easy Oatmeal chocolate chip protein cookie recipe here!!!
I’m also starting a new bible study called “The Quest” by Beth Moore.
I haven’t signed up for anything to train for, so I’m just working on staying fit. I started a new job this week & will be busy learning how to do that as well as keeping the house together, doing family stuff, & keeping the pets alive. 🙂
My friend Shannon is starting a “body kindness” challenge in a couple of weeks (affiliated with Beachbody) that I’m going to do. You can DM her if you’re interested as well! I did one with her this past April/May and really enjoyed it. She is the wife of a pastor and it’s a great women’s ministry she does that combines faith and fitness 💕
Chris and I don’t have any vacations planned out, but are perusing options – something that’s relaxing but also has adventures/excursions.
Lmk if you have any suggestions! 💕
Happy Father’s Day everyone! Especially to my dad who was here visiting last weekend!