I used a bread recipe from Kim Hoeltje to make these 45 Calorie protein donuts! They are vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free. And I also added my own 2ingredient glaze to them.
Macros per donut: 4p 5c 1f (45kcals)
I’m usually terrible at following recipes but I had all the ingredients for these on hand & didn’t feel like modifying it aside from the “structure” of it.
These are the ingredients I used:
- Egg whites
- Lily’s chocolate chips (vegan, use stevia)
- Almond milk
- Protein powder: Ampd Vanilla (vegan) but any protein powder will work
- Extract (i used almond)
- Coconut flour
- You can find my donut maker here on Amazon in the “Fitness” section :).
- Once you make the donuts, you can eat them or refrigerate. I added my glaze to eat 4 this morning, and then saved 4 for later 🙂
- Note: I used this glaze for 4 of the donuts, & saved the other 4 donuts for tomorrow. :).
This is really easy- I just mixed 1 Tbsp of agave with 1Tbsp of melted coconut butter.
Top the Donuts with the glaze & refrigerate for 15min to let it harden a bit (or freeze for 5min if you have zero patience like myself)
This “glaze” is Dog-Friendly! I put a little on one of Nike’s biscuits. She LOVED it! Look at her sitting so pretty for it 😂😂
With the glaze added to 4 donuts, I ended up with these macros per donut:
I PROMISE these are really yummy 😋… I was going to save them to add to my morning protein ice cream bowl, but they didn’t make it! 🤣. So I ate the bowl on its own as I am typing out this blog remembering the delicious donuts I enjoyed rather quickly.
- You can check out my 110kcal protein ice cream recipe here
- I made up a special section in my Amazon Store for “protein ice cream” as well that has all the ingredients & blender I use for it to make it easy to find 🙂
- you can also find the mocha BCAAs pictured above in the “Fitness” section.