Macros & Week of Workouts for Aug 10-17 💕
I’m Currently on Day 45 of my #norunningchallenge
My weight is currently at 128ish – it varies from 125-130 during the week. So I’m essentially a little lighter, but close to the same weight as I had when I was running 50ish miles a week.
This is a podcast I recommend if you are curious about the reason why metabolism can increase when you decrease cardio.
➡️Sat, Tues, Thurs: 45(ish) minute full body Lifts from mindpumpmedia ( maps aesthetics ), which you can find here. I also stretch after I lift for 5-10min. I’m on phase 2, week2 of maps aesthetics
➡️Sun, Mon, Wed, Fri : 30-40min of flexibility-based yoga
🎦 you can find the yoga sessions i use on my “30min yoga” playlist on my YouTube channel- “rebekah Clementson” – which you can find here
➡️ Cardio: After lifting, I do 7-10min jumprope. I’m not tracking steps anymore like I used to, but am averaging about 5K-7k per day
I get my Current Macros from Amber Fokken of ado fitness
Currently I’m at
➡️Workout Days: 145p 290c 57f (2253kcal)
➡️Recovery Day macros : 120p 255c 67f (total 2103kcal)
➡️ Refeed days total 2647kcal
**** I don’t hit these perfectly ever, but shoot to get within 5-15g of the goal & within the calorie range****
➡️ I use the my macros plus app to track
I eat mostly dairy-free and gluten free (due to sensitivities)
I’m traveling this weekend to visit family so I plan to loosely track (I under-ate when I went on vacation last month & want to avoid that) & May or may not workout. I’m may just take a break from it for the 4days. 💕 I can’t believe I’m saying that.. but am so happy that I am ok with taking 4days off.
Front-Loading My Days with Macros
I posted a little about this before, but I keep doing it and it seems to work really well for me. By front-loading, I mean I am eating 1/2 of macros (or more) by lunch. I workout in the mornings of my workout days so I think my body is just used to needing & using food then.
This is where I was at yesterday by 10am
Scarily enough, this is the same amount of calories I used to eat in a whole day just a couple years ago!
Do I miss running?
I have had several people ask me this. And no, I honestly don’t miss it. It was something I did as a way to get or stay lean. I convinced myself I loved it Bc I believed I needed it. It’s been almost 7weeks since I last ran & the results I’ve had have been surprising to me (although they are what I knew/hoped was possible).
Benefits of not running:
- It’s given me an hour back each day & so much more energy for other things
- I don’t have to wake up super early to workout so I can beat the heat and/or the traffic
- Less stress
- Able to focus on building strength and flexibility more, which are 2 things I have always wanted to work on, but it was hard when running 50miles a week
- Less laundry!
- Less rungry – I’m still hungry but with running, I felt as though I was always trying to eat to fill up (ie: lots of veggies so I wouldn’t go over my daily calories but feel full) & it resulted in being irritable or bloated or both most days. I still have days where I go to a high volume menu, but I’m not grossly stuffed like I used to be some nights
- More spontaneous- I’m on a trip this weekend that I normally would have stressed over Bc there’s not a gym available or running path. But I’m totally ok with missing a workout day and just doing some lakeside yoga each day & having a restful/peaceful weekend with family 💕
Don’t get me wrong! I have some fond memories running – especially CIM last year , but this is just what I knew I needed to do. I feared what would happen as a result, but it’s been the opposite of what I feared.
It hasn’t been a seamless transition. I didn’t do it all in one giant leap. I’ve been working with Amber for over 14months and it wasn’t until month 12 of reverse dieting that I was ready to let go. Before then, I slowly decreased as I was comfortable & as my body responded favorably, it gave me faith to decrease a bit more.. and then 45days ago , I was ready to drop all running.
I still have up & down days. It’s not all sunshine & roses, but I want to share this just to show it’s possible. I’ve read several other stories of similar results and they all inspired me along my way. 💕
I’ve had a few people ask about these. I currently use these daily:
- Gains in Bulk Digestive Enzyme/probiotic (2 w/2meals a day) – code RebekahC10 for discount
- Ampd Protein powder- vegan powder
- Ampd Beauty greens – i make green protein ice cream with it and the protein powder
I suspect this to be my last “reverse diet” type of post. Never say never, but I’m ready to move on from progress pictures and being a Fitness account. I don’t want to expound on this too much more, but while I still plan to share Fitness and food, it isn’t something I’ll be posting as much about.