Hey all!! My current workout goals are: feel good – strong and also light; making working out a PART of my life that enhances it, not making my whole life about working out. This workout plan includes lifting, stretching, walk/jogging, and plyometrics/core.
“Lifting Weights= increase lean body mass, which equals a faster metabolism which equals and leaner stronger sexier body. Why wouldn’t you lift weights” – Aimee Stevens
I believe each person is unique and different things work for different people, but sometimes it’s nice to have a framework to start from and pick the things you like/dislike to make it your own! So here’s what I’m up to — feel free to copy it, share it (tag me @RebekahKFit if you like it or post it!), and modify it to your liking!
You can read it below, or Download it Healthy Life Training🙂
- “Cardio”: 10,000-15,000 steps per day
- 6 days per week:
- 15 minute Lift(explained below) Or 15 minute HIIT workout (insanity workout or from youtube)
- 30-60 minutes of yoga/day from beachbody app or youtube
- 6 days per week:
15 Minute Lifts:
- Use A exercises one day, then B exercises the next day. Alternate.
- Do 3sets of 8 reps for each exercise (choose a weight that you can do 10 reps with, keeping correct form)
- You can superset exercises, make all 5 of them into a circuit workout, or do 1 exercise at a time taking 30sec breaks between sets
- To make these more intense/longer, just add on 2 more sets (so doing 5×8), or you can increase the weight and add on 2 more sets of 4-6reps after the initial 3×8.
|Exercises – Pick 1 Exercise per row (each workout is 5 exercises total)|
|A-Legs 1||Squats||Sumo Squats||Goblet Squats|
|A –Legs 2||Walking BB Lunges||Curtsy Lunges||Bulgarian Split Squats|
|A – Chest||Bench press||Incline bench press||Chest fly|
|A –Back||Lat Pulldown||Pull-ups||BB Bentover Row|
|A- Bicep||Alt. DB curls||BB Curls||21s|
|B-Back 2||Close Grip row||DB 1-arm row||Good Mornings 21s|
|B – Tricep||Skull Crushers||Weighted Bench dips||Cable Pushdown|
|B – Glutes/Abs||Side Lunges||1-Leg Hip thrust||Basket Crunches|
|B – Shoulder 1||Military Press||DB 1-arm Press||Arnold Press|
|B – Shoulder 2||Lateral raise||Rear lat raise||Front raise|
Workout pace –
- I’m going to put the weights I lift here too, mostly to show that you CAN lift “heavy” and not be bulky — You can check out this page for a list of 77 reasons to lift weights (put together by trainers). A lot of females I have worked with lift far lighter than they can, and don’t realize that there are a LOT of benefits to upping the amount of weights/resistance they use in the gym.
“Did you know heavy weight lifting is the best defense against aging, keeps shopping for clothes enjoyable, and gives you the ability to lift and play with your children and grandchildren?” – Erika Nall
Set 1: I did 3 rounds of this set
- 8 squats on the smith machine – 60lbs focusing on getting to my full depth
- 8 Bench Press – 85lbs
- 8 Alt. Bicep curls (this is 8 each arm) — 50lbs (25lb dumbbells)
Set 2: 3 Rounds
- 8 Walking Lunges (this is 8each leg) — 50lbs
- 8 Lat Pulldowns – 75lbs
I just kind of wing it with how I choose my sets and reps. I choose a challenging weight for the number of reps I am doing. When I can easily do that weight (like the last 2 reps are pretty much like the first 2), then I increase my weight by 5-10lbs.
The basic supplements I use:
- Gains in Bulk – code RebekahC10 for discountMy must-haves (I take these on vacation with me) — Digestive Enzymes/Probiotic– I use 2-3 with 2meals a day
- Test Gain for mood/hormonal support- I use 2/day
- N.O. Chews – I use 3 before I lift sometimes for a little extra zip 🙂
- Slap Nutrition – code REBEKAH to save $
- I love their Whey, chocolate greens, magnesium, and salted caramel bcaas!
Thanks for checking out my page. I hope this helps either get you started, or is a fun way to challenge/switch up your current routine. Tag me @RebekahKFit if you try it – I’d love to repost you and connect with you 🙂